IPL Skin Treatments
Shambala’s Intense Pulse Light (IPL) machine is one of the most advanced available. Along with permanent hair reduction, we are able to perform the following professional IPL Skin Treatments:
- skin rejuvenation facial to soften fine lines and improve skin tone and texture
- reduction of pigmentation (sun spots) on the face, neck, décolletage, and hands
- reduction of vascular lesions on the cheeks and nose
- acne management programs
Each IPL skin treatment program is individually costed following a comprehensive 30-minute consultation which includes skin imaging and a patch test. The cost is determined by the size of the treatment area and the estimated number of sessions required.
I am delighted with the way my skin has responded after only one Pearl Facial. My skin looks refreshed, smooth and radiant and my sun damage has reduced considerably. Daniella has been my dermal technician for over a year and her professionalism and experience have always produced great long-lasting results for my skin. Ashley M.
Do you want your skin to be looking its best for that next big occasion? Then, Shambala’s latest advanced skin rejuvenation treatment is what you are looking for. The Pearl Facial combines our Intense Pulse Light skin rejuvenation procedure with an Ultraceuticals facial for a NO-DOWNTIME pick-me-up for your skin.
This gentle IPL rejuvenation treatment will improve your skin’s tone and texture, improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, leaving your skin feeling plumped and lustrous.
Our Pearl Facial treatment is safe for most skin types, involves no downtime and is perfect two to three days before your big event. The benefits are:
- smoother feeling skin
- more even skin-tone
- reduction in the appearance of fine lines
- more youthful, glowing and plump skin, and
- is safe to perform on a monthly basis if desired
The treatment takes about 75 minutes and includes our skin consultation.
Your therapist will perform a deep cleanse before performing the low-level IPL Skin Rejuvenation treatment followed with a soothing and hydrating masque and specifically chosen Ultraceuticals serums to complement your newly radiant skin.
IPL for Pigmentation
This treatment reduces the colour of pigmented lesions caused by sun damage. The IPL will provide gradual and natural improvement to the skin, that is long-lasting. Sun damage typically seen in the backs of hands, décolletage, and face will respond well to this treatment. See before and after images for a client following 3 pigment reduction sessions.
- Actual client results after three IPL pigmentation reduction sessions to the neck and decolletage at Shambala over a 8 week period
- typically requires at least 3 treatments, spaced at 2-3 weekly intervals for optimal results
- the treatment area needs to be checked by a dermatologist confirming no skin cancers are present
What to Expect
- pigmented areas will darken noticeably within a few hours post-treatment
- the skin may have a dirty look which may last for 3 to 10 days
- the skin may be slightly swollen, which will only last a few hours
Care of Treated Area
- use cold packs periodically to reduce any swelling
- apply aftercare products as prescribed by us
- no rubbing or scratching of the treated area
- avoid hot showers, sun exposure and physical workouts for 24 hours
- wear 30+ sunblock on the exposed area
IPL for Vascular Lesions
This treatment will reduce facial vascular blemishes like fine thread-like vessels found on the cheeks and around the nose.
- generally, 3 treatments will be needed 2-3weeks apart to obtain optimal results
What to expect
- there may be significant swelling, this may last a few days
- some redness may be present
Care of treated area
- use cold packs periodically to reduce swelling
- apply aftercare as prescribed
- avoid hot showers, sweaty workouts, sun exposure, and chlorinated pools for 24 hours post-treatment
- avoid flying for one week post-treatment
- wear SPF30+ sunblock in exposed areas
IPL for Acne
With our IPL acne management program, most clients will see significant improvements in skin condition, especially if they combine the treatment with our prescribed homecare skincare products.
- 4 to 6 treatments are needed 1 to 2 weeks apart
What to expect
- some redness may be present and could last a day or two
Care of treated area
- use cold packs as needed to periodically if there is swelling or discomfort
- apply aftercare products as prescribed
- do not scratch or pick the are
- avoid hot showers, sun exposure, and physical activity for 24 hours
- wear 30+ sunblock on exposed areas